- A child detained in Adana
- Call of sensitivity for Rojava
- Southeastern group of 'wise people' to gather
- Men kill fourteen women in March
- Warplanes took off once again
- Dense air restlessness in Diyarbakır
- Aid campaign for Rojava in Kars goes on
- 'Iron Lady' Margaret Thatcher passes away
- Military shipment in Şırnak
- 4 April celebrations going on in Van
- Peace Mother Yusufoğlu passes away
- At least 580 people executed in 2012 in Iran
- 'We side with peace'
- Police and soldiers intervened in crowds in front of Ergenekon court
- Penalty of saying 'Dear Öcalan' to BDP member
BİNGÖL (DİHA) - Karlıova Mayor Ferit Çelik from the Peace and Democracy Party (BDP) and two other members of the BDP were jailed yesterday on the allegation of helping the illegal organization by carrying flour.
Mayor Ferit Çelik, Karlıova City Council Member Ahmet Demirtaş and BDP Bingöl Branch executive Abdullah Solmaz were sent to the Bingöl M Type Prison. The number of jailed BDP mayors has risen to 17 with Çelik’s arrest.
Thousands, including BDP Bingöl MP İdris Baluken and BDP Bingöl Chair Halis Yurtsever, protested the arrests with a press conference in front of the Karlıova Municipality today.